Sunday, May 8, 2016

ARC Review: The Empty Jar by M. Leighton

The Empty Jar
M. Leighton
414 pages, M.Leighton Books
***** Stars
Amazon | Goodreads 
This book was provided to me in exchange for an honest review

Three months touring Europe. 
Romantic. Dazzling. Unforgettable. 
The trip of a lifetime.

But some lifetimes are shorter...

We couldn’t have known it would work out this way.
No one could. No one could’ve guessed that something so beautiful could be so tragic.

But it is tragic.
Yet so, so beautiful.

That’s what sacrifice is—beauty and tragedy.
It’s pain and suffering for something or someone you love.
And this is the ultimate sacrifice. 
One stunning act of true love.

This is our story.
Our true love story. 


There comes a time in a readers life when you come across a book that completely and utterly breaks you into millions of pieces and then puts you back together by the time the last word is read.  The Empty Jar by M. Leighton was that book for me.

From the first page I knew this book would kill me.  From past to present it begins and we slowly become enveloped into a love story so heartbreakingly beautiful.  At times it was hard to watch, or read rather, but I couldn't stop myself.  The love Nate & Lena have for each other felt so real, like I could reach into the book and grab it with my hands.  Palpable. And unbreakable.  Not even fate or circumstance could break it. It's the kind of love we all want and work hard to keep if we have it. Which is why this book killed me!
"My heart," I murmur, rubbing the tip of my nose back and forth over hers, wishing I could make things right, make things better. Change them.
But knowing I cant.
"For Yours," she replies, as she has since the night I proposed to her just over sixteen years ago.
This story is about love and loss and the beauty of life afterwards. Time doesn't heal wounds, it just makes it a little less harder to go on about your day as it progresses. The love that Nate & Lena shared was so beautiful and inspiring. Life is fleeting and if there was any message I took from this book it's that we should love more and live harder. As if we are dying.

As with all things M. Leighton it had her signature wit and charm and despite the intense emotions her love scenes were not overshadowed by them.  I've been a fan girl of her's since The Wild Ones and I have to say by far this book has outdone them all! It's got all the elements of a love story that I want...no, need in my romance.  I recommend this book to any book lover!


No comments:

Post a Comment