Monday, March 14, 2016

Review: Six Degrees of Scandal by Caroline Linden


Six Degrees of Scandal
Scandalous #4
Publisher: Avon, 384 pages
Caroline Linden
Goodreads
Amazon  • Barnes & Noble
**** Stars

Olivia Townsend is in trouble and out of options. Pursued by a desperate man in search of a lost treasure, which she doesn’t have, she’s got only two things in her favor: her late husband’s diary, which she was never meant to see … and the man who was her first-and-only-love. Losing him broke her heart, though she’s been careful to hide it for the last ten years. But when he comes to her aid and vows to stand by her this time, no matter what, she can’t help but hope things will be different this time.


James Weston has blamed himself for letting Olivia down when she needed him years ago, and he will not do it again. Fortunately, his unusual life has equipped him well to outsmart the villain chasing Olivia. Unfortunately, being so near her again threatens to expose every secret in his heart…even those that should stay hidden forever.



I'm a historical romance genre lover.  There's just something about the chivalric quality in a male character from the time period that really catches my interest and when you throw in romance..it's a match made in heaven.  For me anyways.  This quality was definitely not missing from our hero James in Six Degrees of Scandal by Caroline Linden.  However, don't be mistaken, just because it's "historical" doesn't mean the female characters written for that time period are weak or submissive. In fact it's the exact opposite for our heroine Olivia, she's every bit strong and independent as today's woman and I cheered for her all the way through the book.


I absolutely adored the beginning of the story, it gave great insight to the history of our characters and the way their lives were intertwined from the start.  So much is said in so little paragraphs, you would think it would take away from the plot and the characters.  However that wasn't the case for me. Because I was allowed to have back story, I was immediately hooked.  Oh the heart clenches I felt for our Olivia! And mind you this is within the span of the first 100 pages.  I'm telling you I.WAS.HOOKED.  When an author can have me invested in the story and the outcome so quickly, it's one I definitely keep my eye on.

Six Degrees of Scandal was enjoyable and an instant favorite for me.  An in-depth story full of wit,charm and romance not to be missed! I highly recommend this read if you're a fan of historical romance.  

No comments:

Post a Comment