Thursday, February 4, 2016

Movie Review: Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn


I don't normally review movies on here, I don't normally review movies at all.  But for this movie I felt the need to review.  or speculate.  or vent. Whatever you want to call it, I just needed to get it off my chest! So I haven't read the book yet, but after watching the movie and discussing it with a fellow coworker I am definitely moving it up on my to-read pile.   I enjoyed the movie.  I'm not really into the whole "anti-hero" thing but for this movie it fit.  After the movie ended, I thought to myself "wtf was that" & " that chick is nuts! psychopathic!" but upon further contemplation I started realizing her husband is just as sick as her given the outcome of the movie. I mean really, the fact that he didn't do anything speaks volumes to his level of sickness.   The whole movie was a mind fuck and damn if I didn't like it!

As I said, I haven't read the book so I can't speak on how well the actors captured the characters and their nuances.  I will say the acting wasn't bad, definitely better than K. Stewart and E.Patton in Twilight.  I know.  Not even on the same level...I'm just sayin.

I guess it's safe to say I liked the movie.  I'm looking forward to reading the book.


No comments:

Post a Comment