Friday, August 7, 2015

Review: Summer Sins by Jennifer Probst

Summer Sins by Jennifer Probst
Published: August 4
Genre: New Adult, Romance
Source: eARC
*** Stars
Goodreads
Amazon • B&N • Kobo

Summer fun before my wedding...

I have one goal this summer. Hang with my besties for some much needed sun, sand, and relaxation while I put the final touches on my idyllic wedding. I didn't count on meeting a smart-mouthed, bad boy biker whose gaze burns hotter than a beach bonfire. I never planned to lose myself, body and soul, and question my entire future. Now, I have to make a choice that’s tearing me apart, and could shatter the lives of the two men I love...

Turns into summer sins...

I have one goal this summer. CHILL. Do nothing. Nada. I need simple before I have to head into Manhattan to take on a high powered position on Wall Street. I didn't count on a dark haired, inky- eyed spitfire who'd spin my world upside down, or make me burn for things I never thought I wanted. I vowed to make her my summer fling, but had no idea she was claimed by another. And now that she possessed not only my body but my soul, the stakes are too high for me to lose her...

Love burns hotter in the Hamptons. Come play.

My Review

Summer Sins is a novella in the Hot in the Hamptons anthology.  This particular short story is centered around a young girl who has denied herself the chance to truly live for herself.   That is until she meets her match in the opposite sex who makes her...feel.  And soon she begins to question everything.

For being a novella, this story was packed with tons of story.  Jennifer Probst expertly wrote a story about second chances and all the emotions that entails within a certain amount of words.  And it was good! Summer Sins was my first time reading anything by Ms. Probst but it certainly won't be my last.   I was able to get a clear picture of the characters right away.  The doubt Storme was feeling about her future and Holden's bad boy-ness.   Can I just say, I am sooo glad is wasn't insta-love! Definitely insta-attraction but the love evolved with the growing relationship, in turn making it believable.   And holy hotness Holden! That boy's gotta mouth on him!

I don't want to give too much away with this review, it is a novella after all, because I want you guys to pick it up and read it! I assure you, you will not be disappointed.   It's got all the elements I love in a romance.  Strong female lead, strong (and sexy) male lead, believable emotions and scorching hot scenes!  This would be a good book to read while at the beach or to take you out of a book slump.  

No comments:

Post a Comment